WHO CAN USE THE CHARITABLE LOCATION?
Any non-profit charitable group or organization that is able to provide a government-sanctioned charitable number is eligible. The location must be used solely for fundraising and information awareness activities.
WHEN CAN I USE THE CHARITABLE LOCATION?
The charitable location is available for use on weekdays only (Monday to Friday). Because of the high volume of shoppers the mall receives on weekends, we are unable to use our charitable location as it creates an occupational hazard. Use of the charitable booth during the month of December is also prohibited due to the high number of holiday shoppers during this month.
WHERE ARE THE CHARITABLE LOCATIONS?
The only charitable location available is in a high traffic area near the Atrium Court.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH A CHARITABLE LOCATION?
We will provide a booth and chairs to pre-registered organizations on a space-permitting basis.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A CHARITABLE LOCATION?
Space is limited and on a first-come, first-serve basis only. If you represent a charity or non-profit organization and wish to use space at Metropolis at Metrotown, please provide the following in writing at least two months in advance of your event:
- Detailed information about your group
- The nature of the event (e.g., fundraising)
- Contact information
- How long you wish to use the facilities, including the dates
If your request is approved, your organization will be required to complete a Temporary Occupancy Agreement and provide written proof of general liability insurance ($2 million) listing Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc., Ivanhoe Cambridge II Inc., and Metropolis at Metrotown as additional named insurers. Charities must also agree to abide by our operational rules and regulations.Please submit your request with complete details by mail, fax, or directly to: Administration OfficeATTN: Dana Pierotti604-4720 KingswayBurnaby, BC V5H 4N2Fax: 438-3974
WHAT ARE THE OPERATIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS?
- Hours of Operation: Display must be manned during all mall hours. No exceptions.
- Onsite Parking: personal vehicles must be parked in a designated area. You will be asked to get a parking pass.
- Licensee's Employees: Casual business attire or uniform is required. No denim (blue) jeans or overly casual dress is permitted.
- Eating and drinking while in the booth is not allowed.
- All signage and advertising must be professional. Freehand signs are not allowed.
- No helium-filled balloons are allowed in the Centre.
- Automobile displays must provide the Licensor with keys for the vehicles(s) for the duration of the License Period. The vehicles must be kept clean: the battery disconnected; the fuel tank should be FULL (fuel is not allowed in any containers other than the vehicles fuel reservoir); gas cap locked; protective wheel pads used; and a grease/oil resistant pad placed under the chassis. Propane is allowed where the vehicle is equipped with an 80% stop fill valve and shut off valve on the tank. Bottles over 5 pounds capacity are not allowed. Natural gas is allowed if there is a complete shut off valve on the tank. All shut off valves must be off while the vehicle is parked.
- Large exhibits and displays (e.g., cars and boats) must enter the Centre through the promotion doors located in the mall beside the Real Canadian Superstore, at the northeast corner of the mall. Entry must be before 8:30 am and the area must be clear by 9:00 am as the Superstore opens at this time. Exit must be after closing at 10 pm. All maintenance to the exhibits (e.g. Armor-all on tires, etc) must be done before entering the Centre. All large exhibits using the promotion doors must safely fit through an access size of eight feet, eleven inches high.
CAN I DISTRIBUTE POSTERS IN THE CENTRE?
Metropolis at Metrotown does not allow posters to be posted in our centre. If you have an event that you would like to publicize, please email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and if appropriate we will post the information on our website under the events section.
DOES METROPOLIS AT METROTOWN PROVIDE DONATIONS?
Metropolis at Metrotown does provide in-kind donations to charities. We receive a high volume of requests each week and as such we are not always able to a donation. Metropolis at Metrotown focuses on youth, the environment, arts and culture.
We will not provide an in-kind donation to:
- religious or sectarian organizations (except where they represent non-denominational community and social support services)
- political organizations and candidates, individuals and for-profit organizations
- competitive sports teams
- advocacy or special interest groups
- goodwill advertising, travel expenses, field trips, tours, ticket purchases, retroactive requests, conferences, seminars, workshops, beauty pageants, funding for individuals, or events
- and activities that take place outside of Canada
In addition, Metropolis at Metrotown does not provide discounts on gift card purchases.
CAN I HOST AN EVENT AT METROPOLIS AT METROTOWN BENEFITING A CHARITY?
Metropolis at Metrotown holds a number of events each year and is always looking for new and innovative events. If you have a well thought out idea, please contact our Special Events Manager, Anne Blaine: email@example.com
I WOULD LIKE TO FILM IN THE MALL, HOW DO I GO ABOUT DOING THIS?
News crews can gain access and approval to be on site by calling the Media Line at 604.830.2514. At no time can a camera crew film inside any stores or restaurants without prior consent from the store or restaurant manager. Requests by students/special projects will be evaluated on an individual basis. Please submit a written request.
CAN I CONDUCT A SURVEY OR QUESTIONNAIRE IN THE CENTRE?
No, Metropolis at Metrotown does not allow solicitation in our centre.